2014 was the year where I started to focus on the really hilly Alpine courses for racing. This has been a steep (pardon the pun!!) learning curve for me. This is not only because of needing to learn how to pace myself over steep ascents and descents, but also because of the fact that these races usually involve an element of navigation. Anyone who knows me knows that I am directionally challenged! I also find that I get really stressed about races that involve navigation. However, I like to challenge myself, so this is why I love these races!
2015 will see me toeing the line at more of these types of races. I will also challenge myself again with the 100 mile distance. I would like to see myself get better at this distance. I think I have good scope for improvement, simply from the area of looking after my feet/nutrition better!
Race Results 2014:
- 12th January, Bogong to Hotham, 64kms, 6th Female.
- 2nd February, La Sportiva Mt. Buller Skyrun 45km, 2nd female.
- 16th March, Australian Ultra Trail Championships, Maroondah Dam 50k, 3rd female.
- 5th April, Buffalo Stampede, 75kms, 4th female.
- 17th May, The North Face 100, 100kms, DNF at 75kms.
- 25th October Heysen 105kms (Race ambassador), 3rd Female
- 9th November, Marysville 50k, 4th Female
- 29th November, La Sportiva Alpine Challenge, 100mile, 2nd Female, 7th overall.
Race Calendar 2015:
- 14th March, Razorback Run, 64kms.
- 29th March, Mt Buller Skyrun, 45km.
- 11th April, Buffalo Stampede, 75km.
- 18/19th April, Coburg 24 hour.
- 2nd May, Wilson's Prom 100k.
- 18th July, You Yangs Trail Running Festival, 100miles.
- 15th August, Barney's Bluff Skyrun, 53km.
- 10th October, Hounslow Classic, Skyrun, 76km.
- 24th October, Lake Mountain Alpine marathon, 42km.
- 28/29th November, La Sportiva Alpine Challenge, 100miles.